29 November 2017

Readers' Advisory

I don't do this very often, but I can't hold back any longer.

I must recommend to readers the work of Mathew Hughes.

I've been enjoying his work since discovering him back around '04 in the pages of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction.
His exuberant playfulness with language, so deliciously anachronistic, along with his engaging plotting and rich range of interests, leave me admiring his compositional skills throughout his every story. Rarely a page I turn without thinking to myself that I wish I could write so well.

I could go on and on, but better to let the writer speak for himself. Visit his website. Check out excerpts of his work. Purchase books directly from his online bookstore.

https://www.matthewhughes.org/


Again, I don't often push recommendations. Only when I am especially impressed and feel it imperative to share.
Yet, maybe it's the librarian in me. I spend most days steering students toward books they might like. Perhaps I ought to embrace the act of making recommendations and start applying readers' advisory concepts beyond the library.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Devin. I appreciate the encouragement.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome!
      I appreciate all the wonderful stories and excellent writing.

      Delete