29 May 2018

Last Days of the First Year in the Library

My first year in the library is quickly coming to a close. 

I could go on practically all Summer about my many fantastic and frightful experiences this past year and all the lessons I learned. But what I'd like to relate above all is something wonderful that occurred during these last few days.


The Kindergarten teachers got together and had their students make me a "Thank You Book."
Pupils thanked me for reading to them, and each one wrote about their favorite book and drew an illustration.

All three classes presented the book, along with a song, at the library entrance.

I stood honoured and humbled and absolutely amazed.
And more determined than ever to do all I can to inspire students.


****

The drawings give such an interesting glimpse into how the children view me as their Librarian.


It's the hair that gets me. 
I put my mane in a ponytail, in what I've heard referred to as a biker-braid.
That explains the ringlets in the picture above, 
a style which shows up in many of the children's drawings.

However, I'm not bald, and I don't ever wear braided pigtails, as depicted below.
(I almost look like a grinning Steven Wright.)




Whatever my hairstyle, I'm happy everyone is smiling.

****


No comments:

Post a Comment